Nov 9, 2008

Youssou N'Dour's Sufi Soul




When I first heard Youssou N'Dour's voice on the song, "Bamako". many years ago, I was hooked and reeled into the mystifying world of Wolof culture and mysticism. That song, with its hypnotic conga drums and Youssou's soaring, penetrating voice, had me longing for a continent I had yet to visit...and also longing for a deeper, more embodied spiritual life. I think I may have stumbled upon Sufism through reading Youssou's background in his album's liner notes, and to this day, I still enjoy the timeless wisdom the Sufi mystics have given Mankind through the ages.


I put together some of my favorite Youssou jams for your appreciation of a living legend. Also, check out this interview he did a few months ago which highlights his deep convictions and expansive consciousness.




 
MME Presents: The Soul of Youssou N'dour by MixMaster E on Grooveshark OneLove!


::MME

Technocapitalism: Bitcoin, Mars, and Dystopia w/Loretta Napoleoni

  We are living through an incipient technological revolution. AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, commercial space travel, and other i...