Mar 11, 2006

Don't Sleep On This White Boy By MixMasterE

























When I first read Tim Wise's work, I assumed that he was a person of color. His richly expressive, intellectually honest and fiery expositions are quite refreshing and remind me of the writings of Michael Eric Dyson. That he is a white man impresses me as I am prone to think of white men (in general) as close-minded and reactonary, to say the least ( apersonal prejudice, I know, but I am actively trying to work through it). Tim Wise goes against this perception and I have thus added him to my personal list of the few white men I think are truly visionary /against the grain--Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Michael Parenti, Tom Paine, amongst others.

Excellent speech from his book, White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son:






No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Corporation

  The New Corporation ​is a 2020 documentary directed by Jennifer Abbott and Joel Bakan, law professor at the University of British Columb...