Dec 22, 2006






At the close of yet another year, I have to be thankful that I am still here, breathing. After all is said and done, the fact of just being alive is a blessing.

In contemplating the things that have really bothered me this year:

-corporate and government corruption & greed ,
-burdensome health care and education costs
-the rich getting richer/the poor catching hell
-the shameful level of homelessness and hunger
-trash T.V/trash celebrities/trash music
-climate change
-Israeli apartheid
-HIV/AIDS in Africa & India & the lack of resources and political will to end this holocaust

I have from time to time felt there was no way out of these and many other plagues of civilization.

Yet, there is hope.

I am a firm believer of the indomitable power of the human spirit to alter the course of the present and craft a better tomorrow( cliched, yes, but powerfully true). Its been done before--think Civil Rights Movement, the anti-apartheid struggle, 17th-19th century slave rebellions, the U.S Labor Movement ( thanks for my great weekends!). So, although I may wrestle with my despair with regards to the state of our world, I do see an opening at the tunnel's end and it is this hope that enacts the stance of the participants (us, We the People) to actively struggle against the evidence in order to change the deadly tides sweeping us from all sides.



Peace and love.

-MixMasterE

The Rev. Jim Wallis Hosts a Conversation About His New Book, "The False White Gospel"

  In this video, the Georgetown University Center on Faith and Justice hosts a timely conversation on the release of Rev. Jim Walli...