Sep 12, 2008

Satin Groove: The Music of Don-E


What do you get when you cross Maxwell with Maxi Priest & a few sprinkles of Bilal, D'Angelo and Rahsaan Patterson? You get an incredible artist from the UK who goes by the name of Don-E.

I didn't know what to expect from this artist when I slipped his CD in my car stereo. I had my finger on the fast forward button as I have no patience with listening to crap while driving. After the first cut, I eased up and just mellowed out on simmering, slow-burning grooves that seeped softly into my stream of consciousness. R&B legend D'Angelo makes a guest appearance playing a languid, freaky Fender Rhodes on "So Cold". Indeed, D'Angelo's influence on R&B is still being felt more than a decade after dropping the classic "Brown Sugar". My favorite cut is "You & I" which has such a honey-toned, smooth texture that you may find yourself immersed in memories (and driving into someone else's lane!). The whole set is exceptional and a welcome breath of fresh air on the music scene. So without further ado, I present Don-E's current release, "Natural"~~Enjoy!

MixMasterE

Technocapitalism: Bitcoin, Mars, and Dystopia w/Loretta Napoleoni

  We are living through an incipient technological revolution. AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, commercial space travel, and other i...