Jun 22, 2011

MME's Jam of the Day

Beautifully human-Jill Scott

Jill Scott Hear My Call HD from Devin Hampton on Vimeo.



This is one of my favorite tracks from Jill Scott's latest masterpiece, "The Light of the Sun". This is grown folks music & a sonic feminist manifesto to boot! This particular cut goes deep as Jill Scott recently went through a disappointing divorce & a short-lived relationship afterwards that produced a child. So when you hear her lament, "God, please hear my call / I am afraid for me......Love has burned me raw / I need your healing," she is revealing some painful stuff backed by swelling strings and warm piano chords. Her repeating of "please" with a different inflection every time is one of the most open-hearted supplications I've heard in non-gospel music since Lenny Williams' " 'Cause I Love You".  Absorb & reflect....



OneLove

:::MME:::

Technocapitalism: Bitcoin, Mars, and Dystopia w/Loretta Napoleoni

  We are living through an incipient technological revolution. AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, commercial space travel, and other i...