Aug 28, 2011

Anthem For Our Times


MADE Blog on Vimeo.

With millions of people unemployed, underemployed and/or just plain broke (or newly graduated with no job prospects in sight), this cut by one of the most underrated artist of our times, Aloe Blacc, accurately captures the turmoil of our times. When he sings:


Bad times are comin' and I reap what I don't sow
Well let me tell you somthin' all that glitters ain't gold
It's been a long old trouble / long old troublesome road
And I'm looking for somebody come and help me carry this load..



You can viscerally feel the pain & disappointment of millions whose lives have been overturned by the current economic crisis.

His "Mama Hold My Hand" is another brilliant piece which he delivers with a distinctively rough-hewn timbre showcasing the unmistakable voice of experience, sincerity & love. This cut ranks up there with "I'll Always Love My Mama" by The Intruders, "Song for Mama" by BoyzIIMen & "Dear Mama" by 2Pac. Check it out:
MADE Blog on Vimeo.

OneLove


:::MME:::

Technocapitalism: Bitcoin, Mars, and Dystopia w/Loretta Napoleoni

  We are living through an incipient technological revolution. AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, commercial space travel, and other i...