Mar 26, 2012

Who Is The Nigger?




".....what you say about somebody else, anybody else, reveals you. What I think of you as being is dictated by my own necessities, my own psychology, my own fears and desires. I’m not describing you when I talk about you; I’m describing me.

Now here in this country we have something called a ‘nigger’, who doesn’t in such terms, I beg you to remark, exist in any other country in the world. We have invented the ‘nigger’. I didn’t invent him. White people invented him.


I’ve always known, I had to know by the time I was 17-years-old, that what you were describing was not me, and what you were afraid of was not me. It had to be something else. You had invented it, so it had to be something you were afraid of and you invested me with.


And if that’s so, no matter what you’ve done to me, I can say to you this, and I mean it, I know you can’t do any more and I’ve got nothing to lose. And I know, and I’ve always known, and really always, that’s part of the agony, I’ve always known that I’m not a ‘nigger.’


But if I am not the ‘nigger', and if it’s true that your invention reveals you, then who is the ‘nigger’?


I am not the victim here.


I know one thing from another. I was born, I’m gonna suffer, and I’m gonna to die. So the only way you can get through life is to know the worst things about it. I know that... I was personally more important than anything else, anything else. I learned this because I had to learn it. But you still think, I gather, that the ‘nigger’ is necessary. But he’s unnecessary to me, so he must be necessary to you.


 I give you your problem back. You’re the ‘nigger’, baby, it isn’t me."


Dammnnnnn!!!! 

OneLove

:::MME:::

 

The Immense Hunger by Edward J. Curtin, Jr.

  Source:  EdwardCurtain Like all living creatures, people need to eat to live.  Some people, eaten from within by a demonic force, try ...