Aug 20, 2012

A Few Notes on Failures & Mistakes




anonymous
A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others. 

  Herman Melville
He who has never failed somewhere, that man cannot be great.

 Frank Wilczek
 If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working on hard enough problems. And that’s a big mistake.
 
  Saint Augustine
 It is human to err, but it is devilish to remain willfully in error.
   
Alice Koller
I've arrived at this outermost edge of my life by my own actions. Where I am is thoroughly unacceptable. Therefore, I must stop doing what I have been doing.

Napoleon Bonaparte
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. 

Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. 

Franois de la Rochefoucauld
If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others. 

Benjamin Disraeli 
  It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. 

Thomas Alva Edison
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
 
John Wesley Powell
The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. 

Franklin Delano Roosevelt 
Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something. 

Beverly Sills
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. 

Nadine Stair
If I had to live my life over again, I d dare to make more mistakes next time.

Turkish proverb
No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back. 

Oscar Wilde
Experience is the name that everyone gives to their mistakes. 

Bud Wilkinson
The man who tried his best and fails is superior to the man who never tried. 


OneLove

:::MME:::

No comments:

Post a Comment

The War You Don't See

  Get the book here Excellent interview with Chris Hedges: