Oct 30, 2013

Reading Rant: "Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery, and the Troubled History of America's Universities" by Craig Steven Wilder




Slavery is a weed that grows on every soil ~Edmund Burke


Have you ever felt like there was just too little time to read all the books you would like to devour? I feel like that all the time. It almost feels like the more books I read, the less I think I know and that just feeds the drive to read even more voraciously. Kinda weird but I will live with it inescapable cycle. I heard this clip on my way to work today and quickly scribbled down the name of the book to add to my long-ass list of books to acquire in the near future. We all know that slavery built America from the ground up, but there are so many interesting twists and turns to this story that beg for further study and reflection. This book, "Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery, and the Troubled History of America's Universities", is but one of many twists in the holocaust of slavery. I really look forward to reading this one.

OneLove

:::MME::: 

The War You Don't See

  Get the book here Excellent interview with Chris Hedges: