Nov 9, 2013

Anthony Freda's Political Symbolisms


 


"Art is a lie that tells the truth"
  ~Pablo Picasso 


We all know that a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes one has to dig deep to uncover a picture's various shades of meaning. Ever since I was a kid, I have been drawn to art that illustrates some untold, counter-cultural truth. I guess that explains the stacks of Mad magazine & Marvel comics I proudly displayed on my bookshelf as a youth. I even took a briefcase my father passed down to me and made it the designated place for my favorite comics. Art speaks to us in different ways and molds us. Life without it is simply meaningless. Anthony Freda's illustrations have earned him numerous awards in publications such as Time, The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Esquire, Business Week, Playboy,The New York Times and Activist Post which carry his politically-charged images. Check out his work here.

OneLove

::::MME:::

Technocapitalism: Bitcoin, Mars, and Dystopia w/Loretta Napoleoni

  We are living through an incipient technological revolution. AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, commercial space travel, and other i...