Mar 1, 2019

BLACK HISTORY MONTH IN THE TRUMP ERA

Image result for black stereotypes  


 President Trump has put in place the people necessary to implement an agenda based on white identity politics. The climate is more  toxic than ever now & almost daily we bear witness to another clip of racist barbarians attacking random people of color, young & old. Alas, their hate will not destroy us. Pitifully, they are destroying themselves with their own poison.  

William Ernest Henley hit it on the head with "Invictus":

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,

In the fell clutch of circumstance I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


We will survive this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Cloud Never Dies" - A Biographical Documentary of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh narrated by Peter Coyote

  A Cloud Never Dies weaves together original film and photographic archives, telling the story of a humble young Vietnamese monk ...